Penn State York Penn State University


Penn State York in the 1930s

An Advisory Board of the York Center was incorporated in 1933 and continued their work to bring more Penn State resources to the area.

In 1939, the federal government designated Penn State, the land-grant institution of the Commonwealth, to conduct engineering, science, management and defense training programs in York. Classes met at the William Penn Senior High School .

Penn State York Advisory Board
Advisory Board photo from the 1950s