Present: Sharon Christ, Tasha Gilkes, Sukdeep Gill, Andy Landis, Katie May, John McLucas, Bhargav Modi, Joe Royer, Lapiffany Shearin
Absent: Angi Davis, Anish Patel, Arif Wadood
- Reviewed remaining funds: $114,541.50 approved; $78,889.85 actual expenditures.
- Ken Yinger, student - partial funding for trip to India in partial fulfillment of IST440W requirements. Requested: $3000; Received: $300/student x 10 students. Actual number going is 2 = $600. Must do presentation to campus community in fall 2007 before receiving funds.
- Mont Alto via Sukdeep Gill - partial funding for trip to Sweden for one York student. This information was sent to Dr. Gill from her MA colleague since MA students were getting funding, the colleague thought the YK student should, too. However, the proposal was received after the deadline, the student did not request the funds herself nor did she do anything about publicizing the trip to the campus. Requested: $300. Received: $0.
- Kerry Magni/Athletic Director - requested partial funding to redo gym floor. Requested: $1000. Received: $500.
- Pullo Family Performing Arts Center - requested funds to help defray the costs of student tickets for big-name shows in 2007-08. Requested: $3,000. Received: $3000.
- Who is remaining on the committee for 2007-2008? Sharon Christ, Jessica Olan (to replace John McLucas as co-chair), Andy Landis, Sukdeep Gill, Joe Royer, Lapiffany Shearin, Angi Davis. Four students are needed. If anybody is interested, please see Sharon Christ in the Student Affairs Office.
There was no time remaining to discuss the following items. They will be put on the September agenda.
- Future funding of class trips.
- Future funding of international trips.