Present: Carlos Alejandre, Shilvolsky Buffaloe, Kirby Chin, Sharon Christ, Chasity Frederick, Xin Li, Leanne Miller, Joe Royer.
Absent: Marilyn Rodriquez and Virginia Slothour.
- Heidi Deren (German faculty): funding for a trip to Germany from July 4-16, 2005. Total cost is $1,550 per person. Requested: $300 per person. Approved: $300 up to twenty students.
- Scott Simonds/SGA: funding for spring week activities. Requested: $6,000. Approved $6,000.
- BSU: funding for African American Greek Letter Step Show on Saturday, April 2. Requested: $1,500. Approved: $1,500.
- Republican Club: funding for trip to Washington D.C. during spring break. Requested: $710. Approved: $35 per car up to three cars for gas funds; must use own funds as matching funds for meal expenses; free entrance to museums and monuments.
- Athletic department: funding for men's baseball and women's softball as start-up club sports. Requested: $5,000. Approved: $5,000.
- Outdoor Club: funding for Earth Day to include performers, speakers, outdoor equipment, advertising. Requested: $1,175. Approved: None; proposal tabled. Committee needs more information: What does this proposal have to do with saving the earth? Committee members said that Earth Day was a time to go out and clean up the earth - do a project, clean a stream, rake a lawn, pick up garbage along the highway, plant trees. This sounds too much like a party - too commercial. Outdoor Club needs to submit an explanation to the committee.
- Outdoor Club: funding for spring break trip to North Carolina to the Sea Turtle Hospital. Requested: $400. Approved: $400 with receipts; cannot use funds to contribute to Sea Turtle Hospital.
- Student Affairs: funding for "Soup Bowl" program, i.e. free dinner for students and faculty, staff; free, $5 per person coupon for dinner in the Lion's Den the week of March 21. Requested: $750. Approved $750.
- Human Development and Family Studies Department: funding for student registration fee for research conference at University Park. Requested: $200. Approved: $200.