This two-day meeting was a combination of training and reviewing nine proposals and because of timing conflicts, was chaired by Scott Simonds on Thursday and Sharon Christ on Friday. The minutes are a compilation of the two days.
Present: Carlos Alejandre, Shivolsky Buffaloe, Sharon Christ, Xin Li, Leeann Miller, Ericka Peterson, Ebony Smith, Robin Pollard, Joe Royer, Scott Simonds. Kristen Green is not an on-campus student this year and will be replaced by Virginia Slothour (email@example.com) on Carlos’ recommendation.
- Student Activity Fee Handbook was received and reviewed
- Web site on the Penn State York home page was reviewed
- Proposal application was reviewed; Scott will rework the proposal form to ask the question whether or not the proposal writer is willing to accept a reduction in their request.
- Preliminary funding for 2004-05 is $98,491, not $110,305 as originally announced. The latter figure was for 2003-2004.
- Travel support for Guatemala trip December 29-January 5. Requested $300/student up to ten students; approved $3000. Precedent set.
- Seated calf machine for the Fitness center. Requested $1110; approved $0. Was a cost comparison done? No evidence of matching funds.
- Campus surveillance camera project. Requested $5000; approved $5000. Continuing project; match is needed by the end of the year.
- Contracted psychological services with Dr. Cynthia Cox. Requested $3000; approved $3000. Evidence of matching funds.
- Student flu shot clinic in conjunction with faculty/staff program in November. Requested $3000; received $3000.
- Travel support for London trip November 18-23 for Cryptology course (STS497E). Requested $300/student up to 10 students; approved up to $3000 to be spent amongst the students participating. Precedent set.
- Tutor training funds for first ten weeks of each semester. Requested $3000; approved $3000.
- Refreshments for charter acceptance ceremony for society for Human Resource Management student chapter. Requested $50; approved $50. Future funds to come from SGA as chapter is recognized as campus club.
- New chairs for the student computer labs. Requested $13,500; approved $0. Given campus’ current budget challenges, the committee doubts that matching funds as shown on proposal would be forthcoming. Proposal needs to be rewritten to narrow request to perhaps student ISTC computer lab and Nittany Success Center with IST surcharge as matching funds.