Present: Sharon Christ, Katie May, John McLucas, Bhargav Modi, Joe Royer, and Arif Wadood
Not Present: Keisha Jones-McLaurin, Brett Miller
- Committee update: Leanne Miller resigned; Brett Miller resigned; Monica Reese is now a part-time evening student; Keisha Jones-McLaurin is now a Harrisburg student. All committee members will invite replacement students to join the committee. John will check with Dr. Mark Casteel.
- The committee reviewed remaining funds: beginning balance: $105,492. As of December 2006, $89,716 had been awarded with $56,910 actually spent.
- Christy Botdorf - Requested funding for gas or mileage reimbursement for students attending any University Park sponsored career programs or job fairs.
Rationale: against policy to promote student travel or car pooling. Campus must provide transportation for students, not reimburse them for their own travel.
- Brittney Ilyes and Amanda Russell - Requested a banner for Penn State York women's volleyball showing their Eastern Division Championship with a 14-2 record for 2006.
Received: $0. Supplanting campus funds - this is normally purchased by the athletic department.
- Holly Gumke - Requested funding for partial cost of bringing Daughtry (of American Idol fame) to the Pullo Family performing Arts Center. Regualr fee is $35,000 but negotiated fee is $25,000. With these funds, the fee would drop to $15,000 and potentially be covered by ticket sales.
Received: $10,000 (w/1 abstention).
Rationale: This is a popular group amongst college students and will be open to the entire campus with the previously approved $3,000 going towards reducing Penn State York student ticket coverage to the extent the funds are available.
The committee asks that the performance date be Thursday 3/22 versus Friday 3/16 which is during spring break. It was agreed that SGA would be responsible for advertising on campus while the Business Office would advertise off campus.
- February 2
- March 2
- April 6