Present: Sharon Christ, Angie Davis, Joe Royer, Sukhdeep Gill, Andy Landis, Katie May, John McLucas, Bhargav Modi, Anish Patel
Not Present: Arif Wadood
- New members who will be joining the committee: Angie Davis, Sukhdeep Gill, Andy Landis, Anish Patel, Lapiffany Shearin, LaTasha Gilkes.
- Reviewed remaining funds: $100091 has been approved, $70984 has been actually spent leaving approximately $30000.
- Self defense awareness program for women which includes a 2-hour educational awareness crime prevention program.
Rationale: speaks to domestic violence, date rate, and based self-defense.
- Trip to Germany in May, 2007.
Received: $300/student up to 10 students.
Rationale: precedent set. Must do a campus presentation in the fall to receive funding reimbursement.
- Holocaust Museum, D.C., February 2007.
Rationale: is the trip really open to all students is 2 classes are already signed up to go? Also received $300 from Diversity Committee. Will that drop the cost per student?
- American Indian Museum, D.C., April, 2007.
Rationale: this is a mandatory trip for 36 students. In a 45-passenger bus, that leaves only 9 openings for the remaining student body. Is this really open to everybody?
- Trip to Puerto Rico, July, 2007.
Received: tabled until March meeting. Committee needs more information - what is the itinerary of the group going? What is the purpose of the trip?
- March 2
- April 6