Present: Sharon Christ, Angie Davis, Latasha Gilkes, Sukhdeep Gill, Andy Landis, Katie May, John McLucas, Bhargav Modi, Anish Patel, and Lapiffany Shearin
Not Present: Joe Royer, Arif Wadood
- Reviewed remaining funds: $114,541.50 approved; $76,304 actual expenditures.
- Hispanic Student Association - reviewed February's proposal for a trip to Puerto Rico in July. The group will be working with elementary and middle school students during the last week of a six-week workshop. They will work 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and have Friday as a free day. Requested: $4,500. Received: $300/student x 10 students = $3,000.
- Anthony Rosato/Dr. Marshall Coyle - reviewed February's proposal for building a trebuchet. Requested: $1,100. Received: $550. Stipulations: that it not be an extra credit project and that it be taken care of as compared to the previous trebuchet that disappeared.
- Student Affairs Office - requested funding to purchase international flags and new aluminum poles for the campus. In the past, funding has come from SAF and the Campus Senate Diversity Committee. The campus is moving toward purchasing more durable flags and replacing the current rusting poles with rust-free aluminum. Requested: $2,800. Received : $0-motion tabled; it was suggested that campus money be used; this seems to be a campus maintenance project and not appropriate for student funding; faculty and staff comments support the fact that these are desirable for the campus; therefore, they should be purchased by the campus. It was suggested that the clubs do a challenge to raise funds. S Christ didn't think that was a good idea.
- Race Against Racism - fund a faculty/student/staff team to run/walk in the YWCA race against racism at $12.50/person. Requested: $1,500. Received: $12.50/student for as many as want to participate.
- Etiquette Dinner, November 2007 - as in the past, Suzanne Gladfelter is sponsoring a dinner to illustrate the how-tos of fine dining. Requested: $976.50 for November 2007 from 2007-2008 funds. Received $976.50 from 2007-2008 funds.
Next meeting: Friday, May 4, 2007, 12:00-1:00 p.m.,
Community Room, Joe and Rosie Ruhl Student Community Center.
Proposals are due in the Student Affairs Office by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the meeting dates.
Agenda: discuss funding class trips; discuss funding international trips