Present: Sharon Christ, Katie May, John McLucas,
Leanne Miller, Bharbav Modi, Monica Reese, Joe Royer, Arif Wadood
Unable to attend:Keisha Jones-McLaurin
- Welcome and introductions of old and new committee members.
- Review of the Student Activity Fee Handbook, handbook changes memo, budget memo showing $100,000+ to be spent for 2006-2007. The new, updated handbook should be available within the month.
- Bill Vangreen - funds to install four speed tables in
lower student parking lot where cars have been seen doing 50
Req: $6,750; Rec: $0.
Comments: Would prefer to fund students as part time security to stop cars and warn drivers or distribute tickets at high traffic times such as 9:30 a.m. - 1:30p.m.and 4:30 - 6:00p.m.; didn't feel that the speed tables would slow things down - they would be more fun to drive over at high speed than act as a deterrent for reducing speeders.
- Arif proposed Brett Miller as our seventh student member. Welcome Brett! Thank you for agreeing to serve.
- Meeting schedule: Committee meetings will be held the first Friday of every month, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m., Student Affairs Office, Main Classroom Building. If a larger venue is needed, we can reserve theCommunity Room. It was noted that the October 6 meeting falls on "fall study day." Therefore, the schedule is:
- October 13
- November 3
- December 1
- January 19
- February 2
- March 2
- April 6