Present: Sharon Christ, Krupali Desai, Matthew Dunlap, Chris Leverette, Rosemery Liriano, Jess Olan, Joe Royer Not present: Todd Gutierrez, Kashmeera Kundargi, Andy Landis, Husing Vang
Guests:Holly Gumke DBS, PAC staff Vickie Hubbard Tina Rohrbaugh
- Budget information as of 12/11/08
Budgeted Encumbered Actual Spent Balance $178418.00 $4801.40 $65979.16 $107637.44
- Many thanks for the services of Jess Olan. She will be graduating and moving on at the end of fall 2009. Her replacement as co-chair will be Rohan Chitalia, SGA in-coming president.
- Many thanks for the services of Sue Werner, Director of Finance, who will be retiring in January after over 25 years of service to PSU.
- Continued deliberations on the subsidization for Tracy Morgan
concert at the PAC in April, 2009.
Received: $9987.50 for the purchase of 235 full price non-transferable vouchers to be given away to students free, prime seating. After the 235 vouchers are gone, students can purchase tickets at a $20 discount.
Discussion: Committee chose not to support the program in cash but to support the request cash request via voucher purchases thus meeting the needs of the PAC and of the students. Tickets go on sale 12/15 to students first via Tracy Morgan trivia quiz give-away 12/15-19 and into spring semester if tickets remain.
- SGA requested funds to attend Council of Commonwealth Student
Governments (CCSG) meetings at UP throughout spring 2009.
Requested: $1500. Received:$0.
Discussion: SGA should pay for CCSG, not a funds garnered from student fees. SAF committee would prefer to pay for up to $1500 in club activities. SGA will resubmit proposals.
- Athletic Department requested funds for a professional scorer's
table for all home games, displaying sponsoring banners and thus adding to the prestige of the recruitment and retention of athletes.
Requested: $2750. Received: $1375.
Discussion: Found relevance in improving the quality of the program but did not feel the table was able to be used outside the athletic area. Will take the proposal to the Student Facility Fee Committee meeting on 12/19.
- SGA requested funds for a "Sweetheart" Dance.
Discussion: The three party/dances held in fall 2008 were successful; this is an all-campus event; precedent set.
- Continued deliberations on the subsidization for Tracy Morgan concert at the PAC in April, 2009.