Edward R. Jenkins, CPA
5388 Field Pointe Drive
Spring Grove, PA 17362-7546
(717) 495-5255 (Cell)
(717) 225-9135 (Fax)
CURRICULUM VITAE -- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY:
Edward R. Jenkins is a seasoned business executive that possesses an extensive educational background in business. That combination of experience and education provides an unparalleled degree of practiced realism in Mr. Jenkins’ writing and teaching. He has an extensive body of unpublished research and technical writing for publicly held and private businesses, as well as non-profit organizations. Mr. Jenkins is a contributing Editorial Board member of a quarterly professional journal published by the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, The CPA Journal. Mr. Jenkins serves as an instructor of business at The Pennsylvania State University York Campus; teaching accounting, finance, management, marketing and international business.
Demonstrated abilities in:
· Managed tax compliance, planning, audits, appeals, litigation, and administration in multinational and multi-state environments.
· Successfully closed Federal “Joint Committee” and large case audits at NYSE companies. Closed numerous state audits through a variety of tactics including settlements, appeals, litigation and deferral. Managed multinational Competent Authority proceedings.
· Developed and implemented a variety of processes to calculate and maintain domestic and international deferred tax calculations.
· Lectured on a variety of current Federal and State tax topics.
· Foreign tax compliance, Foreign Sales Corporation compliance and planning including FTGR identification projects, transaction by transaction projects, and product line profitability analyses.
· Authored research on a variety of multinational tax topics including entity choice, dual consolidated losses, overall foreign losses, IRS “9100” appeals, repatriation and transfer pricing issues.
· Foreign tax credit planning and modeling including analyses of opportunities for super holding companies, Section 269B stapled entities, royalty/management companies, and inversion analysis.
· Developed and implemented multinational tax and financial reporting electronic data gathering packages. Lectured on multinational tax management and consolidation procedures.
· Performed tax basis studies (post 1994 regulations), corporate earnings and profits studies and multinational earnings deferral studies.
· Authored MBA Paper on managing translation exposure.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
· Assisted in structuring deals, performing financial and tax due diligence procedures.
· Performed international and domestic post-merger integration activities.
· Prepared financing packages for LBO’s and coordinated work with investment bankers.
· Analyzed alternative book and tax accounting treatments.
· Advanced PC user in network environment. Trained user of Microsoft Office in Windows98, 2000/NT and XP environment. Heavy user of electronic research products including BNA, Lexis, Tax Analysts, Westlaw and the LIAS system of The Pennsylvania State University.
The Pennsylvania State University, York, PA, Instructor of Business
January, 2002 to present (Adjunct January 2002 to June 2004)
Edward R. Jenkins, CPA, Owner - Certified Public Accounting Practice
June 1991 to present (Part-time 1994-2001)
Ernst & Young, LLP, Harrisburg, PA, Tax Consulting Senior Manager
February 2000 to September 2001
Detweiler, Hershey & Associates, P.C., Souderton, PA, Director of Taxation
January 1999 to February 2000
P. H. Glatfelter Co. (NYSE), Spring Grove, PA, Corporate Tax Manager
November 1994 to December 1998
Coopers & Lybrand LLP, Harrisburg, PA, General Practice Audit (Sr.) Manager
January 1989 to June 1991
Ellin & Tucker, Chartered, Baltimore, MD, Manager - Audit, Accounting and MAS Department
December 1986 to December 1988
The Union Corporation (NYSE), South Norwalk, CT., Corporate Controller
December 1985 to November 1986
KMG Main Hurdman (KPMG), Stamford CT., Senior Accountant
January 1984 to December 1985
Villanova School of Law, Villanova University, Villanova, PA
Master of Taxation, (Joint L.L.M. Program). Completed in December 2001. Emphasis in International and Corporate Taxation.
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Master of Business Administration, May 1984. Emphasized both Accounting and International Business. Graduate Assistant in International Business, independently teaching IB 103.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, November 1977. Major in International Economics.
Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania. (Licensure requires passing the comprehensive Uniform Certified Public Accounting Exam.)
Member - AICPA Tax and Personal Financial Planning Divisions and the PICPA. Serve on the editorial board of The CPA Journal, a quarterly magazine for members of the PICPA. Serve on the Federal Tax Committee of the PICPA.
Avid reader. Active in a variety of community and non-profit organizations. Enjoy bicycling, swimming and golf.
Available on request.