- Try using one of the Engineering Research Guides for information and links to engineering resources. Use one of the recommended databases to find articles from magazines and journals.
- Check the Occupational Outlook Handbook for current employment information in engineering fields. Enter your field in the Search OOH box on the left.
- Get the details about Penn State majors in the engineering field from the list of Majors by Area of Interest. You’ll find the college granting the degree in parentheses after the description. (Read the Academic Colleges page for more information about the colleges at Penn State).
- Search The CAT for books. To request a book from another Penn State campus, use the I Want It link on the left.
- Browse through electronic journals in your engineering discipline by clicking on the broad category and selecting one of the journals.
- Try LionSearch, the new interface to the combined resources provided by the Penn State University Libraries. To find an example of an engineering project, combine the word interview with your engineering discipline.
Try it now! Type interview mechanical engineer in the box below. One of the first results you get should be “Career of the Month,” an interview with mechanical engineer Nate Ball discussing his latest project in the November 2011 issue of The Science Teacher. Hint: You need to follow the links to get to the full text!