- Gale Virtual Reference Library (choose Literature from the Subjects on the left side of the database home page)
- World Shakespeare Bibliography
- Editions & Adaptations of Shakespeare
- Literature Online
- Literature Criticism Online
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
- MLA International Bibliography
- ProQuest (Multiple Databases)
- Project MUSE
While most databases will either contain the full text or a link to the full text, you will have to do a little more work when using the World Shakespeare Bibliography. I had success finding most resources using LionSearch, as shown in the example below.
To find the full text of this article, I copied the article title and pasted it into LionSearch. Try it by coping the title below and pasting it into the LionSearch widget.
The Character and the the Conclusion: Bertram and the Ending of All’s Well That Ends Well
The subject heading in The CAT for William Shakespeare is as follows:
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
However, searching The CAT by this subject will yield over 7,000 results and they will not be sorted in any way that makes sense. It would probably be more beneficial to combine the subject with some relevant keywords.
You can search the titles of Shakespeare’s works as subjects: