Education is the foundation of an enlightened, productive, and prosperous society.
- The best education produces knowledgeable, critical, creative, and ethical students.
1) Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University has some great resources! See their approach at
http://www.scu.edu/ethics/practicing/decision/#sthash.z6ZSz5HU.dpbs including an app!
2) They also have 2 MOOCS starting August 18th – They are free, open, and can be completed any time through July 2015. Suggested completion time is 4 weeks each – They are self-paced.
COURSE 1: BUSINESS ETHICS FOR THE REAL WORLD
COURSE 2: CREATING AN ETHICAL CORPORATE CULTURE
Find out more and register at http://www.scu.edu/ethics/practicing/focusareas/business/moocs.html#sthash.3N2JpHz6.dpbs
3) AAC&U VALUE Rubric on ethical reasoning – http://www.aacu.org/value/rubrics/ethicalreasoning.cfm which could be used to assess students in this area.
4) Possible Conversations in Teaching topic in the fall – Any interest??????