- Academic Integrity
- Accessibility Resources at PSU
- Action Research
- Action Research Presentation
- Active Learning/Learner-Centered Teaching
- Blended Learning
- Building a Positive Classroom Climate
- Classroom Management
- Learning Styles
- Lesson Planning
- Meeting your Class for the First Time
- Reading Support
- Retention: Faculty Roles
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Service Learning
- Teaching in a Multicultural Classroom
- Technology: ANGEL, tech tools, and instructional uses
- Undergraduate Education: Current Issues and Publications
- Understanding our Students
- Using Cases in Instruction
- Writing Clear Objectives
General Teaching Resources
Brookfield, S.D. (1995). Becoming a critically reflective teacher. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Fink, L.D. (2003). Creating significant learning experiences. San Francisco, CA: John Wiley & Sons.
Hooks, B. (1994). Teaching to transgress: Education as the practice of freedom. New York, NY: Routledge.
Horton, M. & Freire, P. (1990). We make the road by walking: Conversations on education and social change. Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press.
Ko, S. & Rosse, S. (2001). Teaching online: A practical guide. Boston, MA: Houghton-Mifflin.
Kuh, G.D., Kinzie, J., Schuh, J.H., & Whitt, E.J. (2005). Student success in college: Creating conditions that matter. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
McKeachie, W.J. & Svinicki, M. (2006). McKeachie’s teaching tips: Strategies, research, and theory for college and university teachers. Boston, MA: Houghton-Mifflin.
Weimer, M. (2006). Enhancing scholarly work on teaching and learning: Professional literature that makes a difference. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Weimer, M. (2002). Learner-centered teaching: Five key changes to practice. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Online Journals, Resources, and Newsletters
(For journals without hotlinks, search The CAT in Online Resources by Journal Title)
* American Academic
* Teaching in Higher Education
* The Internet and Higher-Education
* The Technology Source
* The Teaching Professor
* Online Classroom
* Women in Higher Education
* The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
* The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
* Recruitment and Retention in Higher Education
* The Chronicle of Higher Education
* The Journal of Higher Education
* The Boyer Commission on Educating Undergraduates in the Research University
* The Penn State Teacher II
* List of online journals: Technology & Education
New books at Penn State York