Pathways To Your Future: Exploring STEM Careers
Penn State York - May 5, 2006
Carleen Christner - Guest Speaker
Carleen Christner IT Consultant Architect
Specialist in Enterprise Integration
Enterprise integration enables information to be shared across computer networks and application systems.
Ms. Christner is currently the Enterprise Integration Services Portfolio Development Manager at EDS. Employing over 100,000 IT professionals, EDS delivers a broad portfolio of information technology and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, communications, energy, transportation, consumer and retail industries, and to governments around the world.
Printable Flyer (PDF)
What I Wish I Knew In Middle School !! (Scripted Presentation Slides)
Carleen Christner's IT experience includes:
- Portfolio management design and develop IT services for EDS to market to companies around the world. Ms. Christner currently identifies, designs and develops the enterprise integration collateral used by over 3,000 EDS integration experts around the world.
- Enterprise architecture design how to best fit/integrate hardware and software together to achieve a company's business goals
- Integration governance define the business and technical processes that serve as the framework to implement and manage enterprise integration
- Integration competency centers develop technical organizations that build, implement, operate and maintain large integration networks and systems
- Data integration architecture design develop enterprise data definitions in a manner that allows the data to be shared across computer applications using different formats
- Data and process modeling develop graphic models depicting the business rules for data, and identify, document and automate tasks within business processes
- Application development define, design, build, implement application systems
- Software product evaluation and selection analyze and test the functionality of software products against a defined set of criteria
Ms. Christner is an industry member of the Pennsylvania State University Enterprise Integration Industry Advisory Board, where she also serves as a member of the Penn State integration course curriculum subcommittee. Her knowledge and real-life experiences assist Penn State to prepare students to meet the demands of the IT industry.
Ms. Christner earned a Computer Science B.S. degree from Youngstown State University and Computer Technology A.S. degree from Kent State University in Ohio. She has been married for 26 years with two daughters in college.
With 30 years of experience with EDS, Ms. Christner knows what it means to live the life of a woman in IT. During the conference, she will discuss the benefits of IT and share her lessons learned during her career as an IT professional.
Pathways Conference Home Page
Last updated May 20, 2006